RE: Anniston Alabama

To: jaltman@altlaw.com
Subject: RE: Anniston Alabama
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:07:30 -0600
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Best thing about Anniston is that its only a bit over an hour from
> Atlanta. Lots of listers, clubs, etc. in the Atlanta area. You'll be
> about 45 minutes from Birmingham, which aint a bad town, but its not
> a big city like Atlanta. Parts are pretty readily available in
> Atlanta.  There is a good junk yard (Matthew's), but I can't recall
> if thats in Birmingham or Montgomery.

Thats the kind of thing I was hoping to hear!!  I'm thinking about
buying or having them lease me a Triumph of some kind.   Those
details have yet to be worked out however.

> Don't miss the Space Museum in Huntsville while you in the
> neighborhood, there is gambling in Mississippi, if you care for that
> sort a thing. Finally, we have one thing y'all don't have up there
> on the plains - OCEANS! SEAFOOD!  You'll be 4-5 hours from either
> the Gulf or the Atlantic coasts. Savannah is a wonderful place.

The space museum would definitely be interesting.  Unfortunately the
only gambling that I've done todate has not exactly ended up in my
favor.

I remember hearing about Matthews from this list, that would
definitely be a plus.  Is Aniston a heavy industrial area?  Any idea
what housing prices are like.  My housing is supposed to be provided
but I'd like to know what options are available, such as renting a
house with garage versus an apartment.

Thanks for the info.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Waiting for garage space to start teardown)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Suspension just about ready to install)