fuel system

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: fuel system
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:21:59 -0400
Hello:
A buddy of mine needs help.  He writes:

"What do you know about fuel lines.  I had a
problem with my carbs and fuel filter getting all crapped up so I had
my tank cleaned and replaced all of my rubber fuel hose.  Yesterday I
had the most crap in my filter that I ever had.  Do you think the
Aluminum fuel tubes could corrode on the inside?  The stuff is black
particles that smear very easily.   I'm pretty sure that aluminum
oxide is black.  The onlyu other possiblity is my fuel pump diaphram,
but my filter is upstream from the pump.  Unless I'm crapping up the
tank via my return line, I think that's a low probability.  The fuel
pump seems to be working fine, I don't have a problem with supply."

I don't know much about this, but I figured someone on the list probably will
know the answer.  We've not yet been stumped!
Sirmoog