Re: 4 wheel discs - prepare to die ?!?

To: james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk, dterrick@pangea.ca
Subject: Re: 4 wheel discs - prepare to die ?!?
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:18:10 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 4/29/98 11:38:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk writes:

> Once you have done that, fit Austin Princess 4 Pot calipers, or SD1
>  calipers to the GT6 disks, on the standad vertical link.

James,

Do you know off hand what the diameter of each of the four pots is?  It has
been a while since I did the calculations, but I seem to recall that each pot
had to be at least 36mm in order to provide the same clamping force as the TR6
dual pot calipers (my calipers are buried deeply in the store room right now,
so I can't get to them to measure the pot diameter).

Moe important than that, though, is how the heck do we get a set over here?

Thanks,

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74