GT6: hatch interior corrosion?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6: hatch interior corrosion?
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:41:04 -0400
I just replaced the rear window seal on my GT6.  (This otherwise simple
job was greatly complicated when a supplier sent me a similar, but
entirely incorrect, replacement seal.  But that's another story.)

Part of the reason I replaced it was because it was leaking, and on the
odd occasion I left the car outside, water was getting inside the hatch
panels.  Now I'm noticing some tiny bubble spots on the outside of the
hatch, indicating rust inside.  Now that the seal is fixed, I'm thinking
about drilling some holes in the interior bottom portion of the hatch
(which I'll blank off with plugs later), and spraying in Waxoyl or
Corroless to arrest the internal corrosion.  Opinions?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6