Steering wheel identity

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Steering wheel identity
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 19:54:01 +0100
Is it actually "Les Leston"?
If my memory serves me correctly, Les Leston was very successful at racing
in the sixties - though I think he did all this in a Lotus Elite, the one
with the little 1220 twin cam Coventry Climax engine? The memory also tells
me the Elite had the UK licence plate DAD 10 which was respaced to read
DADIO.
Further sneaky feelings through the mists of time suggest lively Les Leston
went on to product endorse a number of bolt-on accessories and I think
steering wheels were among the items "he sold." From the broad description,
it sounds quite like one of his endorsed products. Maybe a Mota-Lita wheel
with differences appropriate to LL.
John Macartney
Still carefully polishing the thinning cellulose . . .