Re: Center Dash Support

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Center Dash Support
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 11:04:02 -0400
Dr. Mark sez:
>As I was asking the listers about their TR6 radio experiences, a few
>mentioned that I should try to get a center dash support.  I took mine
>off because the DPO sawed off the legs, so it was no longer a support,
>but dangled from the upper dash.
>My question: how important is this as a support structure?  My car seems
>to be just fine without it, but if it is essential, I'm sure I can find
>a used one.  Thanks for your advice.

What heathen would do that to a TR6?! I'd wonder what other "improvements"
he'd made. Jeez.

Anyway, the dash support lends a modicum (I love that word) of rigidity to
the chassis and cuts down on cowl shake over bumps. I'd look for one and
re-cover it if it was ratty. It's a great place for the radio and there's a
blanked hole behind the vinyl for a cigarette-lighter socket; just the
thing for a cellular phone.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

Is the glass half empty, half full, or twice as large as it needs to be?