Re: Large parts transport system...a proposal

To: Amy Black <amyjo@tranquility.net>
Subject: Re: Large parts transport system...a proposal
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 08:39:34 -0400
Cc: "'jbonina@nectech.com'" <jbonina@nectech.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
People who are heavily into the touring bike thing have a similar
"network" of like minded people, with a directory they publish yearly.
You have to be listed in the book to get a copy & have access to the
services they provide.  Typically it's used for roadside emergency
assistance, but it's also understood that these nice folks might just
look you up as they're passing thru.

I think a similar network of "Triumphisti" is an excellent idea.  Keep
in mind that each person on the list brings their own "sub-network" of
local buddies that they can call on in a pinch, so the net result is
this exponential thing that provides pretty thorough coverage
nationally.

No fee's, no real structure, just an agreement that you'll help out when
called upon.  I'd definately be interested in a Triumph version, I could
even administer such a thing if necessary.  Let me know if someone is
already putting such a thing together, or if one exists already
(wouldn't some of the larger clubs like the VTR have thought of this
already???).

John
Jacksonville FL