Re[2]: Deposit on car - non lbc

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: Deposit on car - non lbc
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:10:21 -0500
     Good advice. Thanks,

     Jeff

     This is not intended to sound racial. I work in a Japanese co. I deal
     with the culture everyday; have been for 14 years. Generally, they are
     very true to their word. However, they are fierce negotiators and it
     is sometimes difficult to figure the angle they are playing. The
     ex-buyer is also Japanese - 'off the boat' so to speak. When I
     accepted a deposit, I thought it was money in the bank. On the night
     he was supposed to deliver the initial deposit, he couldn't make it
     and sent someone instead. I figured he really wanted the car.

      Maybe I should offer him more time to come up with the balance, and
     if I sell it in the meantime he can have his deposit back. Either
     scenario, I sell the car (eventually).