Difficult starting

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Difficult starting
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:03:37 -0500
My TR3-B has always been difficult to start when cold, even though it
starts immediately when the engine is hot.  Some of the things that have
improved the situation are:  Sport coil, Crane ignition, Clean and regap
plugs, Adjust carbs, New ignition wires, Tank of fresh gas, etc.  What has
helped the most is a new fast idle cam, since the old one was worn down
quite a bit.  After all this, the cold starting is certainly improved but
still not what it should be.

Aside from rigging up a cable that squirts some starting fluid into the
carbs, actuated from the driver's seat (just kidding) -- what else should I
try?

Sumner Weisman
Framingham, Mass.