TR3 hardtop

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 hardtop
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:21:50 -0500
     Hi folks,

     When I got my 3a it came with a fibreglass hardtop which I now think I
     will not use. I have seen on the list that some people are looking for
     these, so I think someone else should own it.

     Factors to consider:

     1. I live near Ottawa, Canada, and this thing is big (although not all
     that heavy). Shipping will thus be a consideration.
     2. It's fibreglass and therefore doesn't qualify as original.
     3. The headliner is OK but is a bit dirty and there are some areas
     where it seems to be beginning to detach from the top.
     4. It is complete, the rubber is good, and it has all its brackets for
     attaching. It bolts to the triangular bits that normally support the
     convertible frame either side of the "rear seat", and clamps to the
     top of the windshield frame.
     5. The rear window is plexiglass and is still quite servicable.
     6. It is white, and would benefit from being repainted.

     I hate to do this but - I really don't know what to charge. I am
     therefore am looking for input (or offers!) from the list. (I could
     deal with creative trades.)

     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     jwallace@canada.hp.com