RFDPO

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RFDPO
From: Windoseat <Windoseat@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 22:00:41 EST
Hi, listers;

Beautiful evening here in Michigan. Things have been going so well with the
GT6+ lately I decided to use this early spring evening to tackle the bodged
battery box some "Really Frustrating DPO" pop riveted into the GT6+ years ago.
The bottom of the original box must have rusted away and he cut out the tin
rot. Then he "fabricated" a square box from galvanized steel and pop riveted
it into place. He was thoughtful enough to solder in a drain fitting! I've
just drilled out the braces that are welded over the battery box sides and all
the remaining pop rivets. After freeing the old rim from the scuttle I have a
nice looking hole into which I popped the new replacement battery box from VB.
It looks so nice there I was getting antsy to weld it into place....ahh, but
there's some sanding of old paint and still a lot of undercoat to clean up on
that side of the car! And so it goes.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan