RE: TR6 paint color for window rim!

To: "'Robert Laing'" <roblaing@unixg.ubc.ca>
Subject: RE: TR6 paint color for window rim!
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:11:00 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Mine is a flat black bordering on semi0gloss black. Don't know the paint
code.

> Lastly, is there a special tool for replacing the chrome colored
> (plastic)
> strip around the window.  I had no problem getting the old one out,
> but I
> can see it may be difficult to get the new one back in.  Any Advice?

I used some soapy water and a lot of thumb pressure. Eventually it goes
in easy. Only tough parts are the four corners.

One thing I would recommend is to let the trim strip sit in a hot sunny
place for a few days to "pre-shrink" it. I think the majority of these
strips eventually shrink so much from heat and sun that the metal
finishing piece is no longer long enough to cover the gap between the
two ends. So I preshrunk mine and it seems to be just fine.
(Unfortunately I did not do a before and after measurement to verify how
much it actually shrunk. In fact I don't even know if it shrunk at all,
but hey the theory sounds good).

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada