Hot Triumphs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hot Triumphs
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:11:00 +0200

Hello all,

there seem to be many people having trouble with overheating engines .
For those involved I suggest first to check if there is air in the cooling
system. On some TRs like the TR 6 it can be hard or impossible to get all air
out because the water pump is mounted higher than the radiatorcap and remaining
air bubbles are trapped.

Someone in our local Triumph club found a perfect way to fix it.

On a TR 250 or TR 6 (and maybe on others)you can take the top housing of the
water pump off and use one of a Ford Fiesta instead. This one should be a
direct
replacement and has 2 advantages :

1. It has a thread with an electric thermostat switch screwed in. By removing
the switch which is at the highest point you can vent the system

2. You have an automatic on-off switch for an electric fan

I hope this helps someone

Gerhard

1969 TR 6