Re: chrome

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: chrome
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:19:08 -0800
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Peter,
I recently had my front bumper rechromed and when I mounted the
overriders, I noticed that there was a dark area that appeared to be a
run of some type of chemical on one of them.  I tried cleaning it off
with everything I had in the house/garage and it would not come off.  I
then figured it was a flaw in the chrome job, so I drove the Spit over
to the plating shop and had them take a look.  The guy went into the
shop and came out with a rag to which had been applied a small amount of
some type of metal polish.  I was amazed when he simply stroked the area
lightly and the shadow was completely gone.  I don't know what the name
of it is, but I bet you could find out form a plating shop.

Other than that, you could try some auto finish "polishing compound".
Not the "rubbing compound", but the one with the milder abrasive.  I
have used that to remove overspray from my door handles.  Don't you just
love it when these painters don't properly mask stuff???

Regards,
Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer