Spitfire master cylinder cap

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire master cylinder cap
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 07:04:27 -0800
I just received a new master cylinder, genuine Girling, in a Unipart red
and blue box, for the Spitfire and noticed it came with a horrendous, ugly
white plastic cap!  Has anybody ordered just the cap from any of the 'big
three' suppliers and was it the old style metal one.  Not that I really
need an original style on this car, but as usual I've become accustom to
that warm silver look, and the white one just seems out of place there -
I don't want to order another plastic one if that's all that is available
anymore.

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)