re: TR6 Commission numbers (Long)

To: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>, TR6 6pack <TR66pack@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: TR6 Commission numbers (Long)
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:47:32 +1000
At 4:03 PM +1000 22/3/98, Steve Sutton wrote:

> Notice how for 3 weeks or so during Aug/Sept 1974 both '74 and 74 1/2 models
>were being produced at the same time.  This might account for how Ken
>Streeters' 74 1/2 model ended up with the '74 model front valance, turn
>signals
>and bumpers.  It seems that Triumph was not one to hold up production waiting
>for 'correct' parts to arrive; they would sometimes use whatever was in the
>bin!

Obviously, the early front bumper (no cutouts underneath) had provision for
rubber overriders.  This may explain why some 73 and early 74 models have
overrriders.  The Moss catalogue appears to be wrong when it says that the
rubber overriders came with the 74.5 model.

I wonder whether Ken's TR6 has the raised rear bumper for a 74.5.

>Now as for the differences, based upon my experience and research, (but
>certainly subject to be wrong!) are that the carb/emissions setup are
>identical
>for the '74 and '74 1/2's.  In '75 Triumph added the air injection setup.

What exactly was the air injection system meant to do?

>It also appears that Shadow Blue may have been a interior colour option in
>1974
>, but eliminated for the 1974 1/2 model range.  Exterior colours options
>appear
>to be identical however.

Mine is white with a shadow blue interior.  All original and correct
according to the BMHIT certificate.

Is anybody tabulating all this data that is going through the list?

Trevor Jordan
74(.5) TR6 CF29281U (about 18 November 1974)