Obscure Spitfire part request

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Obscure Spitfire part request
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:33:55 -0800
Listers et al,

        I seek a NOS or decent used "B" post finisher cap for my
72 MK IV Spitfire.  Now, I know they are available new, in fact I have a
matched set of what is currently passing for this part.  These new ones,
however, are a cheap aluminum piece, with a much less substantial feel
and more of a brushed aluminum look.

        The part I seek is a true chromed metal cap, much more sturdy
in look and feel than what is currently being supplied.  I need the right hand
(passengers) side in particular, but if you have a NOS set, I would take them
both.

        I would trade you this pair, or pay a reasonable finders fee, but
PLEASE....nothing like the one the DPO left me with....  I currently have
three snaps riveted to the side of this one.  I think he had a little trouble
(to say the least) fitting his convertible hood (top).  Since I just ordered my
new Mohair top from Prestige in the home country, I feel it's only right to
clean up this eyesore as well.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar