Re: Way off topic / PDF

To: "Triumph Owners" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Way off topic / PDF
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:38:27 -0600

    >> I'm planning on scanning my Haynes TR4/4A book and
    >> would like to do it in PDF format.  Unfortunately I
    >> can't find a program that seems to do that.  Does
    >> anyone out there know if its possible to scan an image
    >> in and convert it to PDF format?  If so where can I
    >> obtain the required software?

    aephoto> Buy Adobe Acrobat 3.0, Mac or Windows, $200.00 or
    aephoto> less, available everywhere.

I will officially give notice that I own a copy of the full
professional version of Adobe Capture.  I make no promises
that I can fulfill requests in a timely fashion, but small
jobs I can probably turn around quick.  I'm currently working
on the Bentley TR-4 manual.  I'm also making image maps and
permuted hyper-link indices for it, so it'll take some time
(I'm almost through the owner's manual part in the front).
Since I'm sworking 12 hour day on my "real" job, and trying
to get Sonja's powerline transplant done before the national
I don't forsee short term progress.  Anyway, for future
reference, if you send me a good clean copy of something
small I _might_ be able to turn it into PDF for you in
something less than geologic time.

                                                        -MM