TR6 Brake Master Cylinder

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Brake Master Cylinder
From: "R. Bruce Crouter" <bruce.crouter@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:51:09 -0600
Hello everyone, this is my first post but I have enjoyed your
discussions for the last two years.

I am trying to rebuild a leaking brake master cylinder in my 1975 TR6.
I have removed the tipping valve and the primary plunger but I cannot
get the secondary plunger out.  My Bentley manual seems to suggest it
should slide right out, mine seems firmly in place.  The secondary
plunger moves up and down but the assembly will not budge in the
cylinder.  Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how to get at it?  The
thought of the cost of a rebuilt cylinder makes me shake.  Thank you.

Bruce Crouter
1975 TR6
Saskatchewan, Canada