Re: running restoration ?'s

To: naffy@netins.net
Subject: Re: running restoration ?'s
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 14:54:43 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Gary,

> The more I work on my car the more I wonder about whether I REALLY
> want to go through a frame-off restoration.  Hate to have it off the
> road that long, and enjoy working on the short projects that just
> last through the winter.

I prefer the frame off method myself, but in doing so the car is out
of commision for minimum 6 months and probably for a year or much
more.  Obviously the overall restoration is somewhat nicer, but not
having the car unavailable to drive is a detriment.  I know, I've
spent 10 years waiting to drive my Spitfire.  I would have been able
to drive it today if a blizard with 12" of snow hadn't shown up!!
Which ever method you choose you can't go wrong.  You are doing
something to improve the condition of the car and thats important.
Sorry I can't help on the non-frame off restoration question.

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)