Re: GT6 Webers

To: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>, "Triumph Guys" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: GT6 Webers
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 19:38:18 -0800

 Date: Thursday, February 26, 1998 9:03 AM

 >      Wasn't there a thread some time ago which suggested
 >      that existing manifolds can be beveled at the head
 >      mounting face to drop the carbs an inch to clear the
 >      bonnet????
 >
 >  <snip>

 Ok...here's a bit of "urban legend", but I swear I've seen it myself, in
 the "flesh" as it were...

 I was over at a Brit Car Show in the Chico Ca. area last year and saw a
GT6
 with not only 1.75" strombergs on it, but used a stock TR6 intake
manifold!
  How can this be you say. Well I had to look at it for a bit before I
 realized that the owner (who wasn't anywhere to be seen), had mounted the
 intake manifold UPSIDE down on the motor. Actually, it didn't look as
 though it needed that much fitting to bolt on. With the manifold bolted on
 in this manner, the carbs cleared the bonnet, but were at such an angle
 (down) that the poor float bowls must have been "runnin on empty" most of
 the time, BUT, the car was driven there so....

 Where there's a will...there's a Triumph
            Nick in Nor Cal