Re: Keys

To: hamilton@ptd.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Keys
From: PKal@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 23:37:38 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-10-31 16:32:54 EST, hamilton@ptd.net (Edward Hamilton)
writes:

<< Having recently purchased a '80 Spit, the first task is to obtain a
 couple of spare keys.  The vehicle came with one key, having no markings
 and I have been unsuccessful finding a locksmith with a proper blank.
 Would a few of you late model Spit owners pull the key out of your
 pocket and provide me with the manufacturers name and number of a
 working blank.  I have the original plate w/ a key code as provided by
 the BL, but that seems to be of no use to anyone.

 Thanks in advance,
 Ed Hamilton

Ed,
I recently purchased a 77 Spitfire and had exactly the same problem.  I never
did find an exact replacement but I did find a key blank that works.  I am
using a Cole H65 blank and, even though it isn't a perfect match, works quite
well.  If you find a better match let me know though.

Paul