Re: ... just don't get no respect...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ... just don't get no respect...
From: Jim Harroun <jharroun@San-Jose.ate.slb.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:43:44 -0800
To All,
Let me tell you a story from long ago (when I was in high school) and far
away, well OK no that far.

When I had my first TR-3A as a senior in high school, it was pretty ugly,
with
fading maroon paint, and leftover shag carpet on the floor but it was still
a lot of fun to drive.  It had a TR-4 engine in it with the 57mm pistons,
making it about a 2.3 liter engine.  It had a lot of power, and a lot of
torque.

While I was working in the gas station on main street, I would let my (future)
wife "cruise" in it.  One night, someone in an Impala with a Holley
four-barrel
sticking out of the hood pulled up to a light alongside her.  He looked over
with a sneer and said "What do you call that piece of shit?"  She didn't say
anything, but when the light changed she "dusted" him.

As they pulled up to a stop at the next light, he leaned over and said "How
much do you want for that piece of shit?"

I guess that is why I still have a TR-3 in my garage, because It lets me
relive some of the fun of those days, and it played a part in the coutship
of my wife.

Jim Harroun