dashpot oil change road test

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: dashpot oil change road test
From: MMDBR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 06:36:39 -0500 (EST)
ALL RIGHT!! Removed the Marvel Mystery Oil from the dashpots of the TR4's
SU H6s and replaced with the current grade engine oil: 5-30. Also cleaned the
chambers and pistons with carb cleaner. Filled the plunger reservoir just
about to the top.

Results: much smoother and stronger acceleration at all ranges. Even seems to
help the sputter on hard right turns. I smelled a little burn off, so maybe I
filled them a bit too much.

All in all, very pleasing results. Thanks to the many listers for their input
and expertise. Not only does it work better, I even understand HOW  it works
now.

Got another respite from winter today here in Chicagoland - Gotta' go - time
for another cruise!

Mike Blonder
Elmhurst, IL  USA
63 TR4