Re: spit dash

To: lewis mckillop <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: spit dash
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 19:55:14 -0800
Cc: spit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
lewis mckillop wrote:

>     hello all,
> My 67 spit has a triangular piece of metal between the steering column
> and the gauges. The trip reset push button and a switch (or two) are
> mounted there. My question is this....should my 63 have this piece of
> metal and is this where the trip reset push button is supposed to be
> mounted?
> thanks once again,
> Lew 63 and 67 spit

Lew,
My '63 has a piece like you describe and Yes it does have a hole in the
lower lip for mounting the Reset cable.  The piece is curved.  If it's
missing from yours, I bet I know why.  I tried for several houes to
figure out how it mounted before giving up and looking on my son's '66
Spit for guidence.  You are lucky in one respect, If you find one you
'll be able to get it mounted properly.

Joe Curry   (Metal bracket---Yes, Doors---No)