Re: FW: Re: Rocker oil feed kit (From Victoria British)

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: FW: Re: Rocker oil feed kit (From Victoria British)
From: David Stephenson <daves96@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:48:59 -0800
Cc: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> [BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Tom Howard
><thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>]]
>
>      Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:43:38
>      From: Tom Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
>      Subject: Re: Rocker oil feed kit (From Victoria British)
>
> At 08:21 AM 12/27/70 -0700, you wrote:
> >Has anyone ever used one of these kits? Are they worthwhile? Do they
> >actually feed enough oil to make any sort of difference? And where does
> >it bolt from/to?
>
> Yes you get a lot more oil up top.   So much so that many complain about
> new oil loss down the valve guides.   More smoke and such.
>
> There is a little loss of total oil pressure as you are taping into the oil
> way at the top-rear of the block (there is a small plug there).
>
> If your rockers are in good shape, if your valve guides (seals if you have
> 'em) are in good shape, then an external oil pipe to the top will help keep
> everything that way.
>
> If it is all worn out now, then it will still be that way after you install
> the oil kit.
>
> Thomas Howard
I had one of these units installed in conjuction with a rebuild of my
TR-6 engine. The oil pressure dropped by about 20 lbs. at 2500 RPM and
fell to about 5 lbs at idle. would I be correct in attributing the
fall-off from 50lbs and 25 lbs respectfully to the installation of this
it or could it be something else? Any comments/ideas appreciated.
Thanks, Dave Stephenson