Re: FW: High beam problem

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: FW: High beam problem
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 03:42:57 -0600
Cc: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> [BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from ["David
> L. Hathaway" <DLH@episcopalhighschool.org>]]
>
>      Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 21:17:05 -0400
>      From: "David L. Hathaway" <DLH@episcopalhighschool.org>
>      Subject:  High beam problem
>
> Hi,
>
> I just joined the list.  I am on the verge of taking over the
> maintenance and all the fun that goes with it of my TR-6.  In order to
> do that I have had some "professional" work done on it to bring it to
> a point where I feel comfortable with working on the car. (I also am
> now broke!!)  In any event I tested several components and found that
> the high beam on the right head light does not work.  I assumed I
> needed a new light.  Nope!!  I replaced the old one and same result.
> Any suggestions?  By the way is this a taste of the Prince of Darkness
> or whatever you call Lucas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Hathaway
> 1975 TR-6 (daily driver)

You bet Dave, and welcome to the family.
Since you have tried the obvious, let's get to checking those wires for
shorts.  As you will find out this is a never ending problem.  Just when
you think you have it all fixed, something else goes.  First check to
make sure that you have no corrosion inside the connection at the light
plug.  Corrosion on connectors is an on going problem.  Then work your
way back through your wiring.  Keeping the faith and a mild bit of
insanity will go a long way while you work on your "new" LBC.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4 (the Black Widow)
Houston