Re: TR4A Exhaust

To: Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Subject: Re: TR4A Exhaust
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 23:37:55 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris Lillja wrote:

> Have any TR4A folks out there made a sport exhaust out of the early
> TR4A system? The early system has three (count 'em 3) mufflers. I was
> thinking of leaving out the front muffler at the collector pipe,
> substituting the late pipe, then using the twin pipe rear...
>
> Any comments?
> Christopher M.Lillja
> Marketing Associate
> Princeton University Press
> Tel:609 258 4900
> Fax:609 258 6305

Yes, Christopher, this two-into-one front pipe from the single muffler
system is a direct replacement for the forward muffler of the three
muffler system.  No modifications required... and it does make the stock
system less restrictive... and it is a cheaper alternative to replacing
the muffler... I did this in 1978 to my first TR 4A.... and I've done it
to my current TR 4A.

Justin
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner
jmwagner@greenheart.com