Re: bending fuel lines

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: bending fuel lines
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 13:34:25 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: tigerpb@ids.net, peterz@merak.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 25 Oct 1997 DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> When you do, make sure you get the right one. They come in two types - 37
> degree, and 45 degree flares. The one you need will depend on the fittings
> you are using, but I don't right off hand remember which one is right for the
> typical Triumph. Most of those available are 45 degree, so that is most
> likely the standard. AN fittings are 37 degrees, if you are using braided

I think the TR uses 45 degree flares.  Actually, most of the fittings are
"bubble" flared, double flares are only used with a nut fitting.

I bought double-ended bubble flares for most of my car.  They come in
standard 'brake line' lengths (44", 60", etc)-- the 60" lines were metric.
A 3/8-24 die was sufficient to make them Standard.  I think metric thread
was 10x1.5, which gives enough metal to shave down to 3/8 (~9.5mm)

Both the hose and the fittings are relatively soft, too, so they will
conform to each other more than they will conform to any number.

-Malcolm