Re: TR3 interior colour scheme

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR3 interior colour scheme
From: "Harry D. Ward" <harry.ward@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:34:21 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com wrote:

> Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
>      My LHD TR3 came to me without carpets, except on the vertical areas to
>      the left and right of the driver's and passenger's feet respectively
>      (the kick panels?) These two chunks were hanging on with what appeared
>      to be contact cement.
>
>      My dilemma is, why are they grey when the seats, including the back of
>      the "rear seat", are red?
>
>      I'm sure the seats wouldn't have been changed, yet the carpet appears
>      original. (Glued on, old "loop-style" carpet).
>
>      If I were to restore this as original, would the rest of the carpeting
>      be grey or red?
>
>      TIA,
>      Jim Wallace
>      '60 TR3 TS81417Hi Jim:
Don't know if your carpet is original or not but the carpeting on the
side panels on my 59 TR3 were original and loop curl color of red
matching the rest of the carpeting which was also loop curl red.
Therefore if your's was grey original on the sides the rest of the carpet
would probably be grey also (best guess).  I just replaced the carpeting
to what was available to a loop curl black.  Good Luck.
Harry Ward, Norwalk, CT  59-TR3-TS54794-LO.