Vertical Link

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Vertical Link
From: jmerone@vtetv.org (Joe Merone)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:01:56 GMT
Good day Triumphant ones:

I'm in the process of putting together a parts wish list for the winter and
this year's down-time project with Trevor focusses on the front end.  The
shocks and springs were replaced only two years ago but now I'm planning on
doing the bushings and ball joints along with the roll-bar bushings and links.
Here's the question:

The TR6 restoration book specifically mentions the vertical link as high load
carrying parts and possible problem areas.  It suggests replacing these old
original suspension parts after 60,000 miles.  Do you all agree?   Anyone have
any confirming evidence?   I don't see any cracking in mine but would not be
above changing them for the sake of safety while I've got the front end apart.

Joe Merone

CF18928