Re: small-chassis Triumph paint

To: Peter and Marisa Barlow <pmbarlow@bc.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: small-chassis Triumph paint
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:59:52 -0700
Cc: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Peter,
    The Herald & Spitfire family always had the chassis painted in the main
body colour, however Bonds always (unless someone can tell me otherwise) had
the chassis painted Black, this being how it was supplied (assembled?) from
Triumph. I've never owned a Bond, but a friend of mine (Guy Singleton of
Marlborough, TSSC Member no. 54!) has owned all variants, and he told me this
at a club meeting when we were discussing chassis re-finishing. I hope this
helps,
    Bill.

--

    ^================^      This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
 |_|                  |_|   1975 Spitfire 1500