Re: Fuel tank anti-rattle felt

To: Winnie Olmer <who@sover.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel tank anti-rattle felt
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 21:03:48 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Winnie Olmer wrote:

> My '72 TR6 fuel tank has felt strips at the top and bottom of the fuel
> tank. They cost $8.00 each just for strips of felt. Are they fuel
> resistant?? Not that there should be any fuel spilling after I fix the tank
> (I hope). Can someone suggest an alternative less expensive material to
> use? Old inner tube???

Winnie:

Try your local upholstery business. Yes, it is just felt. I went to
an upholstery shop (looked them up in the yellow pages) and they had
some
cut pieces to be thrown away. I think I paid $5 for a nice piece that
is exactly like what was on the TR6 with plenty to spare for future use.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6