tr6 diff mount crack

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tr6 diff mount crack
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 14:48:22 -0600
I have the dreaded right front diff mount crack. I need to have it
repaired but unfortunately I have the diff, trans and drive shaft out of
the car right now. The car is up on jackstands in my parent's garage.

Is the best way to repair the cracked mount be calling in a mobile
welder and have him/her do the work on site?

Should any welder be capable of this job or is so specialized I should
seek someone who has done this before on a TR6?

Is welding underneath a car (with only jackstands rpviding the
clearance) adequate room to weld (ie. the welder would have to lie on
their back to do this)?

Looking for any helpful advice...

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)