V-8's

To: "'triumphs @autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: V-8's
From: Tom Leake <tomleake@enol.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:59:42 -0600
I have ssen so much of this go by I can't resist.  I really want another TR. so
I can be a butcher.  I have the pair of 65 TR4a 's( both made in Jan 1965)
which will become one car with time.  But I would like something else that I
can just play with engined and all.
Here are the top 5 motors in my book.   Yes this could be a spit.

5)  Renault Feugo.  FOR Hemi head EFI Turbo about 140 HP al head,, used in
Lotus Europa so it has real LBC roots.  French made AGAINST hard to get parts
for and find a core to start with.  French made.

4) Alfa Romeo 4Cyl motor FOR  HEMI head, great power and revs, Italian.
Against Italian, (if you have to ask how much it cost you can't afford it)

3)  Ford V6.  (thank you Barry Schwartz)  For, Barry Schwartz, 60 V6 (narrow,
high reving)  Against.  I don't know

2) Dodge Neon FOR  lightweight 150 HP, EFI Sandwich motor (like the LeMan's
Sabrina motors used in the TRS')  RWD bell housing available.

1)  Chrysler 340 FOR   Can you say fast!!  Against Heavy and not very small
(compared to Ford V8  (or may a 500 CU KB hemi Blown and injected Aluminum
block of course)

Maybe I will forgo the Spitfire and pickup  a 68 Dodge Dart.
Seriously
The Ford V6 is a good candidate because it is soo narrow.
The Renault motor is a potent package (you can buy these motors ready made at
150 + HP
The Neon is a great motor because it is a sandwich and is about 150HP in a
small light package with a RWD bellhousing available.  Commonly available.
Besides in addition to having a soft spot in my heart for TR's I am a wedgehead.

Tom Leake