Re: Trip Odometer Cable

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Trip Odometer Cable
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:14:09 -0700
  <  snip  >
On mine, I have had to replace the  speedometer. The old one, apart from
> not working, also didn't have the tripometer re-set cable. So now I have
> a working speedometer, with the tripometer cable hanging loose under the
> dashboard because I can't work out where it is supposed to go.
**************************
Sorry I didn't get the original message, for some reason I keep getting
removed from the list, is it something I've said???  Anyway, the cables are
mounted on a flat metal bracket just to the side of the steering column,
and parallel to the dash.  The bracket has a two holes, one hole is to
secure the bracket to the right hand steering column support bolt, and the
other is for mounting the cable through it so that the 'knob' is hanging
'down' just below the dash.  Very easy to make one if you don't have it.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )