Fuel tank repairs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel tank repairs
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:40:35 -0700
I took a look inside my fuel tank that has been sitting out in the shed for
the past year.  Before that it was in the TR6 that sat for years under a
car port.  I was no surprise to see the bottom of the tank covered with
flakes of rust.  The bottom is solid and shows no rust through.  The sides
are in great shape.  I can remove the rust easily.  In the past, I used to
seal the inside of the tank using aN aircraft sloshing compound used on
airplane fuel tanks.  But that was some time ago.  I have since heard that
the new reformulated fuels will dissolve the sloshing compound.  Can anyone
verify this?  And more importantly, what have you done to protect the
inside of your fuel tank?

Thanks

Dave
San Diego