Compression Values

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Compression Values
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 17:25:06 -0700
In asking a friend of mine who builds engines about the proper values
for compression, he said that there was probably a formula for
calculating it, but he does not know what it is.

However, he said the uses the following rules of thumb on freshly
rebuilt engines.

If the compression ratio is 8:1, the reading should be 140 to 150 psi.

For a compression ratio of 9:1, it should be 150-165 psi

and finally if the ratio is 10:1, it should be 178-180 psi.

He added that as the rings seat, the compression should improve
slightly.

"Legal Disclaimer"  The lies I told yesterday, I firmly believed when I
told them.

Joe Curry  '63 Spit