Worn threads

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Worn threads
From: Kristina Turner <turner@public.se>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 20:38:20 +0200
On this list, we all like Triumphs. We like messing about with them and
fixing them up. We like making them really perfect and competing. We
like racing. We like learning how they work. We like buying them and
selling them. We like driving them and we like a few laughs.

On a personal level I am investing a lot of time and money restoring a
TR6 because I rode in a 150 horse power version when I was 18 and it
went like stink, was a bit tatty and smelt of oil and the wind blew
everywhere and it had big clocks and sounded really angry and the
sensation of speed was triple amplified by the rattling and knocking and
banging and that it was low, low low and didn't handle well at all and
felt dangerous and, well, that was some of the best fun I've ever had.

Believe me, I like Triumphs. However - and stop me if I'm getting too
esoteric here - I and my car are two different things.
The problem with the TR4A thread (that has now got really terribly
acrimonious and, frankly, is starting to stink), is that some listers
are not separating themselves from their cars. They've put lots of time,
love, money etc. in so, to an extent, it's understandable. But it's not
wise.

You may love your car but, I'm sorry, it's unrequited. So if someone
says something bad about your car, you're not helping them or yourself
by taking it personally.

Checks for 2 cents payable to

Adam Turner
'74 TR6