TR-6 OD indicator lamp

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 OD indicator lamp
From: Steve McGraw <nbjly@gate.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 22:42:16 -0400
 Hey all -
    I installed an overdrive indicator in my '76 TR-6 after forgetting
to turn it off too many times. I put it in the center top between the
speedo and tach. It uses a transistor to *feel* the voltage applied to
the OD, then applies current to the indicator lamp that has it's own
power lead. This way it does not interfere with the operation of the OD.
It was designed by my father, who died about ten years ago. He advised
me to encase the assembly in RTV silicone so I can't reverse engineer
it, but I have the schematic somewhere and will post it when I find it.
It was a simple circuit so if  you have an engineer buddy...
BTW I have found that weird electrical happenings (brakes lights coming
on with turn signals, etc...) can almost always be traced to faulty
ground connections. Diodes are just a temporary fix, usually. HTH Steve
McGraw