Year 2000 No LBC content

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Year 2000 No LBC content
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 16:32:46 -0700
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
For you LBC types out there that have older computers (around pre 1995)
that have clocks that won't address year 2000 here's a site that has a
short program you can down load that will fix the problem.  You can just
put it in your autoexec.bat file or run it once and set the date for 1999
and the time a couple of minutes before 2400 and let it roll over to
year 2000.  You can test the computer to see if it will address year 2000
without the program, by setting the clock as above and letting it roll
ove to the next century.

I believe that as long as you don't remove the battery it will be in
place.  It seems to work ok on my machine and several others.  It won't
fix any software problems due to their not being able to handle year 2000
but your clock will at least be right.

For those of you that have businesses and need a fix for custom software
that you can't get modified look under year 2000 in any of the search
programs and you will find a couple of companies that have patches that
suposedly will correct that also.

http://www.wsnet.com/~designer/holmesfx
Sorry for the non LBC content but I thought it was worth it.

Joe Worsley
80 TR8
72 TR6
Tupelo, MS USA