Re: Spitfire/GT6 Parts

To: odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire/GT6 Parts
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 14:23:13 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Odd Hedberg wrote:

> Yea, I know.
> I've got an Allison XR700 in mine since way back... Early spring
> '79 I think... It was a great improvement!
> But what I'm after this time is to get rid of the Delco entirely,
> and go for a Lucas (or possibly a Mallory) that are tuneable when
> it comes to advance curve etc. And thats something the Delco is
> not since there aint any weight and springs to vary the setup with.
> And it's also riveted, not bolted together... Unfortunately... ;-(
> Hence the need for the electronic 1500 tach...
> Yours
> /Odd
>
> Joe Curry wrote:
> > Odd,
> > I put the Crane/Alison Electronic Kit in my Delco distributor.
> > It works great.
> > Joe.
>
> --
> Odd Hedberg
> Pomonagatan 4
> S-74236 Östhammar    International liaison secretary,
> Sweden               Triumph Club of Sweden
>                     '70 Spitfire Mk3 FD82497LO Signal Red
>             E-mail:  odd@triumphclub.se / odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com
>           Club URL:  http://www2.passagen.se/triumph/
>     Home Telephone:  Int+ 46-1731 7131
> Geographical Position:  N 60deg15min  E 18deg23min
Odd,
Under the plate inside the Distributor, are counterweights and springs
that can be tweeked to adjust the curve of the advance.  Changing the
springs and weight of the counterweights achieve that.  Although it is
a bit if trial-and-error (with a little Black Magic thrown in)

Joe Curry   '63 SPit