Re: SB42 Signed

To: Jane Burdekin <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>
Subject: Re: SB42 Signed
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 14:19:24 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jane Burdekin wrote:

> Congrats to you Californians.  Wish I was there, mine just failed today so
> I have 10 days to get it up to emmissions standards or pay $15 for another
> test.  It passed last year, what a pain.
>
> Jane
> '67 GT6
>
> > Dear Friends of SB 42:
> >        The Governor today signed SB 42 exempting 1973 and older
> >        vehicles from the biennial smog check requirement.
> >        Chapert #801, the legislation will take effect January 1, 1998.
> >        Thanks for your unwavering support!
> >                         Sincerely yours,
> >                         QUENTIN L. KOPP
> >        QLK:SS
Jane,
In Washington state, If you fail the Emission test you can do work on
the vehicle and take it back without paying more.  If you fail that time
you can do more work and pay a new inspection fee.  However, if it
continues to fail, you can show receipts ( I can't remember exactly
how much you have to spend) for repairs and they will grant you a waiver

It makes you wonder why they even bother.  Just pay off the auto repair
shops and get the inspection certificate from them!

Joe Curry  '63 Spit

P.S. My Spit is old enough that it is exempt. (Yours would be too here)