"Purr-in" in CT.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "Purr-in" in CT.
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 01:05:51 GMT
This past Sunday I attended the Jaguar's club "Purr-in" in Litchfield
CT.  Couldn't make up my mind whether or not to go...it was pouring
here in Massachusetts at 9 am.  Finally decided to brave the 80 mile
trip and was rewarded by bright sunshine, 70+ degree temperatures and
a great show.

As might be imagined there were *plenty* of big cats there.  Perhaps
fifteen E-types, two or three MKII's and several 120/140 roadsters.
Nice.  The later model Jags were gathered across the field and there
was a series III BRG XJ6 that was a stunner...someday.

I spent a fair amount of time looking at the pristine Daimler SP250.
While the styling is not exactly to my taste, the 2.5 litre hemi
definitely *is*!   Not sure if the owner saw my tape measure as I was
trying to be discreet.  Let's see that Jackson fella' calls my Spit
"gutless" after we drop *this* puppy in! :-)

Speaking of Spits....the concours winning yellow '77 Spit owned by the
Bairelles <sp> was there....only this time in MY class...opps.
This car is perfect...TOO perfect.  It's just not fair. <sniff>

Don "house of" Sforza was there with his beautifully green TR4 again.
This time, however, I found a serious flaw.  A *missing* check nut on
the bonnet latch spring.  Not good.  I may consider making an offer on
this car commiserate with it's "as is" condition...though heaven knows
I don't need another project car.

My co-pilot for this trip owns an Alfa so the appearance of a Ferrari
Testerossa made his day.  The owner graciously lifted the"boot lid" so
we could ogle the engine. Unbelievable.  I'll take two, thank you.

We had such a nice day that I'm now seriously thinking about making a
one day trip to Westminster Vermont this Sunday.  This would be a 200
mile round trip and a new *record* for my reclaimed Spitfire.  If the
weather holds out I think we'll give it a shot.

Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits