Re: Competition Preparation Manuals

To: Chip Mautz <cmautz@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Competition Preparation Manuals
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:19:35 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chip,

I have both and they're great. I think the first one is MKI-IV and
the second one is 1500. I recommend both. The first has nice stock
upgrades and the second is total competition. The rules must have
changed between editions. The sections on cylinder head porting is
classic. Wanna pep up a street car without loosing bottom end? Follow
the instructions for the exhaust -- leave the intakes alone except
for matching the manifold. Good 5-10hp easy.... you won't believe
what needs to come out of those exhaust ports -- not making them any
bigger -- just clearing obstructions! TRF and Moss list both prep
manuals! Get them! LIVE them! Kastner rules!

> Does anybody know if there was a Competition Preparation Manual put out for
>the Spitfire MKIV or 1500?
> What about the Competition Parts List?
>
> I was reading the TSOA bulletin from 1975 and saw that they offered them for
>the MKI-III models.
>
> Are any still available, for all model Spitfires?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chip

> Chip Mautz
> Greenbrier & Russel
> Atlanta, GA
> http://www.mindspring.com/~cmautz/
>
> WAR EAGLE!  Go Auburn!  -  It's a Southern thing...

Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900