Re: paint questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: paint questions
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 21:09:46 -0400
Peter,
When I was getting ready to send CF38690 to the paint shop I asked a
knowledgable TR6 owner in my club (who had just had his car repainted)
about what to remove and what to leave with the car prior to sending it
off. His reply was simple and firm: "If you don't want paint on it, don't
send it to the paint shop". I didn't heed his advice and it cost me allot
of time cleaning off overspray, and money replacing interior parts that
didn't need replacing prior to the fine mist that was inadvertently
applied in the spray booth.
Paint will find it's way everywhere, and no matter what they tell you,
and no matter how hard they try, if it is on the car, paint WILL get on
it.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
'75 TR6  CF38690UO