TR3 Valve COver fix

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 Valve COver fix
From: "Perry T. Hammock" <phammock@ivy.tec.in.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 11:40:10 -0500
I have ordered one of the new silicone cover gaskets.  In doing the lash
recently - it appears as though the lip on the cover has bent up a little all
around - from overtightening the cover for 40 years or so.  I tried making a
plywood buck app the size of the inside of the lip, and judiciously applying
hammer on board to try and bend that lip more to a 90 degree angle.  No luck.
Anyone had any luck straightening this lip?  TIA
Perry Hammock
60 TR3A - leakin a bit