TR-3A - Hood stick cover security at high speed?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A - Hood stick cover security at high speed?
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:38:53 -0700 (PDT)
    A black hood stick cover really enhances the appearance of my pale
yellow TR-3A, but I can't seem to secure the thing at highway speed.  As
soon as I go over 50 mph, the center pulls out and starts flapping in the
wind.  I've tried several tricks to block it in place, but feel that some
kind of snaps are what is required.  The dot to dots are missing at the
inside corners (up underneath the hood sticks), but don't look like they
would work the problem even if they were in place.  Anyone else have this
problem?  Anyone designed a solution?
   Thanks.
John Cowan