parking brake adjustment

To: triumphs mail list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: parking brake adjustment
From: Zempel David <Zempel_David@spmm.lmms.lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 07:44:42 -0700
In finishing up the installation of my new brakes I attempted to adjust the
parking brake.  It's never been adjusted correctly and only appears to be an
ornament attached to my TR4.  It's impossible to adjust the cables that run to
the drums in that they are screwed as far as they can go into the "T" thingy
that connects them to the main parking brake cable.  I imagine that once I add
brake fluid and bleed the brakes that this might take some of the slack out of
the cables.  However, since the available adjustment (number of turns before
bottoming out) was almost non-existant, I'm not convinced bleeding the brakes
will solve my problem.
Do these 3/16" cables stretch?  (I think that's unlikely)
Does anybody have a similiar experiance and solved it?

thanks, Dave Zempel.
'63 TR4 Surreytop
Sunnyvale, CA.