Plinth

To: peterz@merak.com
Subject: Plinth
From: transerv@sprynet.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 07:24:29 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Peter,

I ordered the dash plinth from TRF a few months ago. (it's still sittiing in
the
garage waiting patiently for the TR4 to jump under it.)

For the $46.00 I got a piece of plastic...no metal plate.

I expect I'll fabricate a new plate when I get around to installing it.

As for return policy... I also ordered a dash pad set at the same time.  One
piece came in creased.  I called and they said the piece was not available, but
to send in the bad one.  I asked to be notified when the piece was available,
and told them I'd hang onto the creased one until that time.

Last month when I called they informed me the piece (lower rt) was still not
available, and that the return time limit had expired!  They were gracious
enough to say that I could mail it back at my expense ( did that) and that they
would put it on back order for me.  We'll see.

Also, I think I finally tracked down a shop manual form the model car company
someone posted last week.  I ordered it and we'll see if it's really a Bently
when it arrives.  TRF still has these back ordered and none of the other
sources
the list gave me had one in stock either.  Thanks to all for the effort.

Robert Houston
63 TR4....waiting for the miracle of imaculate restoration...